Supporting Inclusion through Intergenerational Partnerships (SIIP) is inviting organizations serving racialized, minority, and ethnocultural groups in Waterloo Region to submit proposals to fund: intergenerational projects that support social inclusion for older adults living with dementia and their care partners, while creating experiential learning opportunities for youth.
A maximum of $43,000 of funding is available to one or more eligible organizations for one year of programming, until October 31, 2023, followed by a one-year period during which funded projects will continue evaluating outcomes, while moving towards a sustainable delivery model. Funding will focus on supporting programs and initiatives that serve the following priority populations:
- First Nations, Inuit, Metis
- African, Caribbean, Black identifying
- Refugee or newcomer Canadians
Funded projects must:
- enable older adults and youth to interact in meaningful ways, such as sharing skills, expertise and experiences.
- benefit older adults and encourage youth to be leaders and innovators in the community
- contribute to the youth’s career development.
To learn more about the application process, click here.
All dates are subject to change.
- Call for proposals
- Application window is now open
- Application window closes: October 7, 2022
- SIIP funding information Q&A session: September 23, 2022 at 1 pm
- Successful applicants notified: October 28, 2022
- Anticipated start date for funded projects: November 15, 2022
SIIP is a 5 year (2019-2024) collective impact project to reduce social isolation among community-dwelling older adults living with mild to moderate dementia, and their care partners in Waterloo Region. Through funding provided by the Government of Canada’s New Horizons for Seniors Program, the Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging (RIA) has supported four community-based projects, creating a network of organizations focused on promoting social inclusion through intergenerational partnerships in the community.
To learn more about SIIP, click here.